6th Annual Johnny B. Ride
Saturday October 20th is the day of the 6th Annual Johnny B. Ride.
This ride is a very important event for the Free Riders, one very close to our hearts. It is a ride to celebrate and remember the life of Johnny B., Joker's brother who was taken from us all too early by illness.
Each year we organize a ride to honor Johnny B. and to raise money for his children. This money goes towards their future education and college expenses.
All are welcome to join in this event, all we ask is that you give what you can to help the family.
The ride will meet at Gentleman Jim's in Gaithersburg at 10am. We will collect donations for the family here and throughout the ride. Kickstands up at 11am:
- First stop: Champions Sports Bar, Frederick MD
- Second stop: Mount Olivet Cemetery, Frederick MD
- Final stop: Memories Charcoal House, Mt. Airy MD
For those who can't make the ride or are busy during the day, you are welcome to meet up with us at Memories to raise a beer to the memory of Johnny B.
Dress warm, and ride safe.
PPF Charity Ride - SUCCESS!
Our Patty Pollatos Charity Ride was a marvelous success. Thanks to all the various venues that hosted us: J.J. Muldoons, Buckeystown Pub, Blue Sky Bar & Grill, and Gentleman Jims. And of course, a big shout out to all the people that attended, participated, and donated to this wonderful cause. Without you, this event would have been a bust.
All of the numbers aren't in as of yet, but it is estimated that we will beat last years donation.
THE RAFFLE RESULTS
What everyone has been waiting for :)
The raffle winners for the PPF Charity Ride are:
$1000 - Jim Allen
$350 - Cecilia Royal
$150 - Kim Jackson
Thanks again to all who donated their time and money to make this event a huge success.
Update on Lily
Lily is doing wonderfully. She still receives chemo every week, but she is improving. We have about a year to go on treatment. Lily handles the "porkies" much better now and prepares herself for her treatments. She has matured so much over the past 16 months.
Thanks for all the support.
Summer 2012 Announcements
NEW THINGS ARE BREWING IN THE CLUB HOUSE!
1) For those who don't know it, the Free Riders have officially become an MC (motorcycle club). This DOES NOT mean that we are a 1% club or affiliates of any 1% club, that any other of our policies, principles, or community commitment have changed in any way. We are still the Free Riders you know and love.
2) The Free Riders will be lending a helping hand at the Happiness Benefit Concert on Friday June 15th. The event proceeds will be donated to The Happiness Foundation which promotes living life to the fullest and drunk driving awareness in loving memory of Haeley McGuire, Spencer Datt and Johnny Hoover.
3) The Free Riders will, again this year, donate to the 4-H Camp Tawasentha. Last years donation helped to provide water bottles and other supplies for the young camp goers. We are proud to be able to help out again this year.
4) Our Annual Charity Drive for The Patty Pollatos Fund is scheduled to be held on September 29th this year. We have set the date and have set some preliminary stops for our ride: beginning point will be at J.J. Muldoons in Gaithersburg, MD with our final stop and party being held at Gentleman Jim's in Gaithersburg, MD. More details and flyer swill be posted soon.